As we move further into the 21st century, technological progress is accelerating. From Artificial Intelligence (AI) to Machine Learning and Robotic Process Automation (RPA), our world is constantly being redefined by digital innovation. Accounting is no different.
As accounting professionals, change is a constant presence in our field, with no standard day, week, or month. To stay ahead of the curve, we need to keep evolving. This requires consistent effort and is not something that can happen overnight. While that may sound challenging, it can get easier if we collaboratively evolve in the same direction. As our contribution to making this happen, we hosted our first-ever virtual event, Evolve.
Evolve brought together accounting and technology professionals to explore the impact of AI on accounting. It starred thought leaders like:
- Jack Newton, CEO and Founder of Clio
- Hitendra Patil, Accountaneur®
- Mira Mehta, Xero
- Marc-André Paquette, CPA Canada
- Cameron Peters, Tax Cycle
- Jennie Moore, Ignition
- Ryan Lazanis, Future Firm
- Alik Mock, Genwise
- Omkar Nimbalkar, IBM
It was attended by over 80 C-suite accounting professionals from the US and Canada. Together, we explored questions like:
- How is accounting technology incorporating AI and ML?
- How will it impact accountants and their outlook towards their team, practice and clients?
- Could it aid or possibly resolve the employee retention challenge?
- And lots more pressing topics that impact our community
We hoped for Evolve to be a confluence of dynamic minds, latest technology, and ingenious innovation, that prepares for us tomorrow while meeting the needs of today. We’re grateful that we could deliver just that with the invaluable support and contributions of our partners, speakers, and attendees.
We’ve made some of our sessions from the event available below. Watch it to catch a glimpse of what’s coming next for accounting: